Kindergarten and New-to-First-Grade
Parents/guardians must bring the following documents to their home school to enroll their child:
- Photo ID of the person registering the student or student photo ID if over age 18.
- Three proofs of residency:
- One of the following:
- Original Mortgage statement,
- Original signed lease agreement,
- Original or most recent real estate tax bill
- Two of the following documents:
- Original current Illinois Driver's License (or State ID card)
- Original current utility bill (gas, electric,, sewer/water, cable)
- Original current Department of Immigration letter or current Immigration Card
- Original current home/apartment insurance certificate
- One of the following:
Photo ID of the person registering the student. This allows us to clearly identify the person enrolling the student and their relationship to the student.
The student’s original birth certificate with embossed seal.
Any existing Legal Custody/Guardianship documents – If there are any legal documents pertaining to custody of the student, a copy of that documentation must be provided. This includes divorce decrees and temporary legal guardianship papers.
Online registration for all 2020-2021 Kindergarten programs is open now through October 25th. To begin the registration process,
If you are a current D205 parent with an active InfoSnap account, please use your InfoSnap email address and password to log in to begin the kindergarten registration process.
New to D205 parents, please click "Create Account" first to set up an InfoSnap account.
If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
D205 Kindergarten Registration - D205 is fortunate to offer several options for kindergarten: traditional half-day; dual language; and a new all-day kindergarten program that is being phased in starting in the 2020-21 school year. To accommodate interest in all of our kindergarten programs, D205 is holding kindergarten registration online this year starting October 11-25. Note: Enrollment in Dual Language and All-Day Kindergarten is on a lottery basis as there will be a high demand for these programs. Families are strongly encouraged to meet the registration deadline of October 25.
Here is what you should know:
- Who: All parents whose child will turn five on or before September 1. This online registration is only for incoming kindergarten students.
- What: D205 Kindergarten Registration for all Programs: All Day Kindergarten; Dual Language Kindergarten; and Half-Day Kindergarten
- When: Online registration link will be available (live) starting October 11, 2019 and can be found on the D205 homepage here. Note: Registration is not first-come, first-served. Registration for all day kindergarten is on a lottery basis; therefore, if you complete the on-line registration process, which includes residency verification, any time prior to the October 25th deadline, you will be entered into the lottery.
- Final Step: Visit the Elmhurst CUSD 205 District Office in person between October 21 and 25 to complete registration and be entered into the lottery. According to the schedule below, please bring the required documentation to:
Schedule for Registration and Residency Verification: Required to Complete the Process.
Please come to the Elmhurst CUSD 205 District Office, 162 S. York St., Elmhurst, IL 60126. Time: 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- For Edison & Lincoln Families - Monday, 10/21
- For Hawthorne & Jefferson Families - Tuesday, 10/22
- For Field & Jackson Families - Wednesday, 10/23
- For Emerson & Fischer Families - Thursday, 10/24
- Final Day/Make Up - Friday, 10/25
Learn More About the New D205 All-Day Kindergarten Program.
Half-day options will continue to be available at all D205 schools. In addition, the District will begin offering all day kindergarten as early as 2020-21, phasing in the program ahead of schedule and completing the phase-in by the start of the 2024-25 school year. Learn more...
DUAL LANGUAGE KINDERGARTEN INFORMATION SESSION
If you have an incoming kindergarten student and you are interested in enrolling them in the Dual Language program at Conrad Fischer Elementary School, a special information session will be held October 1, 2019 at 6 p.m. at the District 205 Center, 162 S. York Street, Elmhurst, IL 60126
New to First Grade
Please see our new student enrollment information here.