Support for York High School
$80,000 DONATED TO FUND EQUIPMENT IN THE NEW MANUFACTURING LAB
The Foundation's funding will purchase two manual lathes and two manual mills for the new Manufacturing Lab. In early 2019, post bid process, machines have been purchased and placed in the lab.
Beginning in 2020, the lab will be a key component of the new manufacturing pathway offered at York. It will be a place where college bound students work and collaborate with students preparing to enter the workforce post high school. This mimics real life working environments, and helps to prepare them for the future.
The District 205 Foundation received a very generous donation from the Elmhurst community group 100+ Women Who Care this February to support York's Duke Depot. This program exists to provide personal items, school supplies, and clothing for students that need assistance. These funds will also help York's Student Council to provide identified new students with a backpack containing school supplies and book store gift card. The number of students requiring support for these basic needs continues to grow, and this donation will provide help several years out so that students can come prepared and ready to engage in their education.
Since 2015, York HAS benefitted from over $170,500 in enhancements from the Foundation!
- $40,170 in technology resources (chromebooks, raspberry pi computers, monitors, software, apps)
- Over $50,000 raised for field enhancements by Friends of York Baseball with administrative support from the Foundation
- $5,000 in additional security cameras for wider coverage
- $7,500 to enhance the delivery of science curriculum(materials and modeling kits for biology classes, 3-D printer,new probe interfaces and graphing tools for lab work, support for Science Olympiad)
- $8,600 to enrich project based and future ready learning in the Lincoln Lab (new furniture, visual and audio media creation tools, green screen, computer equipment)
- $2,600 in new titles and $1,300 for maker space materials in the Learning Commons
- $4,790 for new rowing machines and paddleboards
- $9,700 to bring nationally recognized musicians Stephen Altop and Matt Turner and powerful speaker Chris Herren to York to engage and educate our students and community.
Click here to see a complete list of grants
Your support is critical and necessary. No gift is too small.
Please note that gifts of $1,000 or greater are eligible for donor designation. Our Executive Director and Board of Directors will work with you and make every effort to find a good fit for your donation.
York is our one community high school. Help make it a place filled with opportunity, enrichment and innovation a place where our children have options a place for them to to learn,grow, and succeed
CLICK HERE TO DONATE HERE
Check to see if your employer will match your gift-it is more common than you think!
The newly formed York Community High School Alumni Association (YCHSAA) was created as a vehicle to foster communication and camaraderie among its alumni and to serve and support them, the school and it’s students. Membership is free, therefore, donations will be used to cover start-up costs, marketing and events Make a donation that supports the ongoing efforts of YCHSAA
This program is supported by the District 205 Foundation for Educational Excellence, and was created in conjunction with York HS & the District Communications & Alumni Relations Dept. Visit the Alumni Page to learn more and update your alumni information. Make a donation that supports this valuable program Click Here
The Foundation partners with interested individuals and groups that want to use their resources to benefit York students and help us with our mission of fostering academic excellence in District 205 through providing student opportunities, supporting student achievement and optimizing student engagement. Past and current partnerships include:
York Student Enrichment Team(YSET), Friends of York Baseball, York Distinguished Alumni Program and Alumni Association, York Garden Project, Stadium Turf and Lighting Projects,
In the Spring of 2017, a group of York parents in cooperation with York and District Adminstrators, partnered with the Foundation to raise funds that will help improve the York High School varsity baseball field. Several additions and improvements totaling approximately $35,000 are planned, beginning with the purchase and installation of one hundred forty-four new stadium seats at a cost of approximately $22,000. To make a donation, CLICK HERE for Webstore then select the Friends of York Baseball donation option. Paypal users please indicate Friends of York Baseball in the note section